The decks onboard a crude oil tanker were heavily corroded and required to be refurbished. The project was scheduled to be undertaken whilst the vessel was at sea.
Grit blasting was not permissible; therefore water jetting had to be utilized. Coating application also had to take place in high humidity.
The decks were High Pressure Water Jetted (HPWJ) to WJ-3 standard to prepare the surface and remove salt and other contaminants. This was followed by two coats of wet & rust tolerant Epo-chem™ RL 500PF.
Utilizing Chemco’s unique solution resulted in substantial time and cost savings being achieved. The project was successfully completed whilst at sea, with no disruption to vessel operations.
• No grit blasting requirements
• Surface preparation and salt removal in a single operation
• Outstanding adhesion to rusty or poorly prepared and wet surfaces
• Can be applied in any environmental condition
• No humidity or dew point restrictions
• Good UV stability
• No over-coating limitations.
• No dry-dock requirements